Spelling Choice Activities
Spelling Choice Activities are part of our homework on Wednesdays.
Using your spelling words you may complete one of the choices below.
It's fun to vary the activities each week!
There are other choice activities to complete as well besides those listed here.
1. Write a poem using at least 5 or more of your words. Add a picture.
2. Write a story using all of your spelling words. Underline the spelling words.
3. Write a synonym (word with the same meaning) or antonym (word with the opposite meaning) for each of your
4. Create a headline with each word. (Example, Chatham Cougars Excite the Crowd with Flying Footballs!)
5. Sort your words and explain how they are sorted.
6. Type out each of your words on the computer. Use different fonts, sizes and colors to make them POP!
7. Write your words in code for someone to solve. Bring the key and attach the solution.
8. Write your own TV commercial for a product you've invented using at least 5 of your words.
Describe the product how to get it or buy it and add a picture too.
9. First, make up a movie title, then write a review of that movie using as many of your spelling words as you can.
Include if the movie is funny, scary, etc. Also add a picture of one or more scenes.
10.Create a puzzle with your words using http://puzzlemaker.school.discovery.com.